Job Req ID: 800721
Position Number: 00145948
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 4-10 hour shifts 0730-1800; weekends required on a rotation/hours are 0730-1230
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: LCI Infusion-Concord
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: Located in Batte building on Atrium Cabarrus’ Campus
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Assesses and diagnosis patients in a practice setting. Identifies outcomes, implements treatment and coordinates care. Performs and assists with oncology and infusion related treatments, therapies, and procedures.
- Identifies expected outcomes for patients’ individualized treatment plan.
- Implements identified treatment plan and coordinates all aspects of care delivery.
- Provides education and counseling to patient and family members regarding identified health needs, health care activities, immunization requirements, medication effects and contraindications.
- Meets specific clinical needs of oncology and infusion patients by using knowledge and expertise.
- Recognizes medication mid solution incompatibilities and factors affecting stability.
- Performs facility acuity coding by selecting the appropriate level of service for a diverse patient population, ensures that all pertinent clinical information is documented in the patient’s medical record and supports the level of service selected.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Work requires lifting 75 pounds. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina required. Oncology experience preferred. Proficiency in IV therapy, bone marrow, spinals, thoracenteses, paracenteses and phlebotomy preferred. Oncology certification preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer