Job ID: TS20171201-37932
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in our Dayton, OH office.
Candidates must already hold an active security clearance.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Champion Quality objectives and projects to achieve business success
• Lead core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements.
• Identify and resolve process deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement and waste elimination.
• Partner with customers to achieve goals and deliver to requirements
• Participates in the development of overall COE strategies, objectives, and long-term goals of the organization.
• Focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using LEAN strategies
• Develops, communicates and implements improvement vision, strategy, goals and metrics that align with internal command media, customer requirements and regulatory requirements.
• Manages corrective action activities and reports findings to program and CAB meetings
• Support internal audits, process observations and area assessments.
• Manage/monitor QMS effectiveness, providing information and metrics internally and Division
• Establish and maintain collaboration partnership with cross functions and programs, customers, program management, and other support organizations.
• Write procedures and compliance statements including communications to customers
• Ability to formulate and execute project plans and initiatives.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply lean thinking principles and tools in order to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must have initiative, judgment, and ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must work well independently and be comfortable leading teams.
• Knowledge of AS9100 standard.
• Exceptional listening and observation skills
• Superior writing skills
• Confidence negotiating to optimize best solution for all stakeholders
• Influencer skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
• BS/MS in Engineering or related technical field
• Demonstrated success building Quality culture
• Previous team leadership experience
• Application experience with TipQA, ePIC, and Visio
• Auditor training and experience
This position can be filled at one level lower.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.