Job ID: GEM20162412-37744
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Property Specialist in our Promontory offices.
• Maintains property accountability records for all property (company, customer, and Government) through the entire life cycle and determines condition and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment as conditions warrant
• Interpret and apply company Policies and Procedures, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), NASA Supplements, and contract requirements as they relate to property management
• Position will require maintenance of property records from acquisition to disposal within company and customer business systems
• Position will assist with acquisition authority, records, property ownership, identification, maintenance, utilization, property storage, and disposition requirements in accordance with contract specifications
• Advises management in all matters pertaining to Property Management outcomes as called out by the FAR
• Ensure accountability is assigned for each item of property to the end user or custodian and appropriate disposition of the items when no longer needed or reassigned
• Maintain day to day communications with internal and external personnel as necessary to derive information for updating the Property Management System
• Prepare reports of property necessary to meet Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements and well as enter required record information as required in FAR 52.245‐1
• Print out and send barcodes and/or barcode peripherals to appropriate project personnel for marking, identification and accountability requirements
• Maintains accurate inventory data within an automated system for auditability and accountability
• Conducts property audits internally and with customers; provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability to maintain Orbital ATK compliance to regulations
• Develops, recommends, and implements property administration policy and procedure;
• Prepares periodic and special purpose reports
• Identifies government and customer property issues and provides leadership in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems
• Represents the organization as a prime contact with internal and external customers and outside organizations, interacting with senior personnel on significant matters
• Provides training or direction to less experienced staff
• Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
• Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
• Prepare property systems data and utilizes to manage and complete property reports (e.g. inventory, inventory disposal, utilization, financial reports NASA NF1018s_ etc.)
• Prepare, report and utilize metrics to determine the “health” of property outcome processes
• Evaluate property processes across the company to incorporate best practices and develop common processes, procedures and measurement tools
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must have an in-depth understanding of government property administration principles, theories and concepts as well as a strong understanding of property administration practices, techniques, and standards
• The ability to exercise independent judgment in solving a variety of complex tasks and issues
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings
• Good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees including management and outside representatives
• Strong MS Office Suite experience
• The ability to work independently or lead in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required between plant sites
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Accounting, or related field
• NPMA certification desired
Position can be filled at lower level depending on experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.