Job ID: TMK20170501-37813
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to provide leadership and technical oversight of the Orbital ATK Launch Vehicle Division Abort Test Booster (ATB) at our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is responsible to lead a cross functional team of approximately 20 people consisting of Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality personnel.
• Execute project management for the development of the Abort Test Booster, including integrated milestone schedule (IMS) management, earned value management system (EVMS) implementation and issue resolution
• Provide oversight, technical direction and guidance across multi-discipline engineering, manufacturing and test team
• Manage, control, and administer the successful performance of technical tasks
• Helps resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule, and system performance
• Participate in the Configuration Control and Risk Review Boards
• Manage the resolution of component and supplier issues related to the program
• Provide weekly written reports on project status, including accomplishments, issues and near term events
• Brief senior management on project status and technical details as required
• Self starter that requires little to no supervision
• Direct internal as well as external customer interface experience
• Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years related mechanical engineering leadership experience
• Significant background with managing the development and implementation of mechanical design of launch vehicles and ground support equipment
• Minimum 5 years experience as Cost Account Manager (CAM) in EVMS systems
• Verbal and written communications with all levels of management
• Exceptional and proven leadership skills
• Extensive experience creating and delivering presentations to customers and senior leadership teams
• Thorough understanding of design standards, procurement processes and configuration management
• Ability to work under limited supervision and complete projects on time and on budget
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to Travel (12-20 trips/year)
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.