Job ID: GEM20160812-37601
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Production Operator to work in our Case Prep, Final Assembly and Composite team at our Promontory facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Production Operator performs hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing solid fuel rocket motors and components. Tasks may include but are not limited to tooling assembly/disassembly, case surface preparation including mixing and applying liner/paint/bond materials, final product assembly, maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and schedule performance of their team.
• Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of manufacturing (product assembly) experience.
• This position may be filled at a lower level with no manufacturing experience.
• Composite education or hands on experience
• Safe handling of hazardous materials.
• Operation of industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts, precision measuring instruments and hand tools
Skills & Qualifications:
• Must be willing to perform shift work weekends and holidays and overtime as required
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license
• Able to successfullypass the Safe Explosive Act (SEA) background check
• Able to pass a respirator FIT test
• Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.)
• Able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation
• Job function may requirethe handling of energetic materials
• Perform basic math and measurement functions
• High School diploma or equivalent required
Position an be filled at lower level
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.