Job ID: LCP20171701-37971
Orbital ATK is seeking a Production Control Specialist for our location in Mesa, AZ.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Our location in Mesa is a leading supplier of integrated medium-caliber weapon systems for land, air and sea platforms through its world renowned Bushmaster® line of automatic cannons produced at its Mesa, Arizona facility.
• Responsible for supporting the production build
• schedule working with the appropriate factory management and personnel.
• Monitor the build through the factory and report status to the program team.
• Help to prioritize and expedite incoming material as necessary to ensure the material is inspected and accepted and placed into inventory necessary to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activity with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Planning and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers, and request for shipping orders.
• Responsible for ordering, storing and keeping track of “RM” floor stock hazmat items.
• Receive, transfer and locate Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
• Keep track of subassemblies and close Work Orders as they are completed.
• Support induction of Remanufacturing Guns.
• Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
• Work closely with Barrel Planner and ensure barrel production supports Guns ship schedule.
• Supports Warehouse as needed.
• 2 – 5 years of experience.
• Knowledge of MRP required.
• Excellent math and communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point, Visio).
• Forklift experience required.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Previous Deltek “Costpoint” MRP experience.
• BA/BS preferred.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.