Job ID: BDH20171601-37952
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our San Diego, CA location is seeking a Principal Quality Engineering Specialist.
Work with Program Managers and other functions on Program/Project Quality Engineering. Provide and execute quality planning and schedules for product meeting program schedules and budgets. Investigate and lead resolution of Quality problems.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Determine program quality requirements and generate Quality Plans to ensure compliance
• Execute all Quality related activities for assigned programs and ensure compliance to AS9100 Quality Management System requirements for program activities
• Lead Material Review Board and Root Cause Corrective Action activities for all assigned programs
• Support company objectives by working overtime and weekends on an as needed basis
• Knowledge of composite material properties in aircraft or aerospace applications
• Proficient with GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
• MS Office computer skills required
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers on a variety of technical solutions
• Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision Ability to identify and solve problems independently
• Training in LEAN or Six Sigma methods and evidence of application is required
• BS in Engineering or related discipline
• MS in Engineering or related discipline preferred
• Composites Manufacturing Experience
• Dimensional Inspection Experience
• First Article (AS9102) Documentation Experience
• Statistical Process Control Experience a plus
• Experience working within a team of engineers and technicians in a manufacturing environment operating to ISO quality standards
• Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
• Prior experience in an Aerospace or Space hardware manufacturing environment preferred.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.