Job ID: BDH20160712-37565
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Provides program planning and scheduling support to internal and external customers (typically Program/Proposal/Product team Managers, CAMs, task leads, etc.) with the gathering of source planning data, logical sequencing of activities, establishment of activity durations, and loading of resources in an Integrated Master Schedule Network for the purpose of providing status reporting and earned value analysis of work performed against the approved baseline plan.
• Must be experienced with the integration of technical scope and programmatic requirements into an integrated plan that conveys the program execution plan to internal and external customers.
• Must be experienced in recognizing and managing the level of detail and logical interdependencies, such that the resulting product is an accurate representation of critical and near critical paths to scope completion.
• Must be capable of efficiently creating and maintaining a resource loaded schedule network that is the core of a schedule-driven EVMS implementation.
• Reviews subcontractor schedule submissions to determine compliance to subcontract requirements and communicated corrective actions as needed.
• Implements automated planning software to perform schedule analysis and reporting, including critical path analysis and assessment, schedule risk assessments, schedule health metrics analysis.
• Top Secret Clearance is required.
• BA/BS in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Eight to ten years of related experience scheduling in a hardware/software development and/or production program environment, with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment, including familiarity with DI-MGMT-81650/81861 and related government requirements.
• Expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel as well as automated program management software such as MS Project and Open Plan.
• Supervisory and training experience is preferred.
• Prior launch vehicle or spacecraft-related scheduling experience is preferred.
• Direct experience with automated cost and schedule integration, including MS Project and Cobra experience is preferred.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.