Job ID: KG20170501-37811
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
We are seeking an experienced Principal level Program Quality Engineer to provide leadership to our Armament Systems Division in our Mesa, AZ location.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Orbital ATK Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Orbital ATK Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
1. Establishes and maintains Safety and Quality Assurance programs, procedures and controls ensuring that products and services conform to company standards of excellence.
2. Responsible for daily IPT support from a mission assurance perspective.
3. Customer interaction – as necessary.
4. Will create, deliver and maintain first article paperwork and inspection documentation.
5. Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of quality policy and procedures. Interfaces with suppliers in the verification of product design and reliability.
6. Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
7. Interprets customer technical and MA requirements, and ensuring these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings.
8. Provide oversight in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations. Analyze and interpret trends and executes improvements on key metrics.
9. Represents Mission Assurance at different program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
10. Ensure Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA) are executed according to standards and procedures.
11. Ensure program contract requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality, organizational, and industry alert requirements.
Education and Experience
• Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
• Industrial, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineering strongly preferred.
• 10 years of experience with GDT interpretation and print reading.
• 7 years minimum experience in direct customer support.
• Excellent, demonstrable MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for up to two weeks at a time, required.
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions..Extensive knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, KTA (Kepner Tregoe Analysis) etc. Previous experience managing elements of AS/ISO/CMMI certified internal and external organization.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D