Job ID: SS20161609-36661
Principle Engineer, Mission Assurance
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Engineer, Mission Assurance to provide leadership to our Defense Electronics Systems team in our Ridgecrest, CA offices.
Principal Engineer, Mission Assurance job description:
• Review customer requirement documents, ensure flow down through purchasing to suppliers and monitor compliance as required
• Generation of Supply Chain Management plan documents
• Perform regularly scheduled independent on-site supplier surveillance
• Review sub-tier of drawings, work instructions, requisitions, procedures and test plans to ensure conformity to flowed down requirements
• Establish and maintain product variation metrics of key characteristics at suppliers
• Ensure workmanship and manufacturing processes comply with applicable quality and safety standards
• Participate in source inspections, pre-ship reviews, FAIR acceptance, and PCAs
• Prepare detailed quality planning for receiving inspection of procured materials
• Support MA and QMS activities such as: product and process audits, receiving inspections, prepare and process material non-conformance and discrepancy reports, lead root cause analysis and corrective actions
• Participate and provide leadership for the MRB, CCB, and FRB
• Position works 9-80 work week and requires approximately 50% travel
• Secret Security Clearance is required. Security clearance is a condition of employment and must be transferred and active within the first 90 days of employment.
• B.S. in Engineering discipline is required, Quality Engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a B.S. or 3 years with an M.S. required for a level IV.
• Experience with Mechanical parts and complex assemblies required.
• Experience in FRB [Failure Review Board] /MRB [Material Review Board] required.
• Experience in the Aerospace industry required.
• Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office.
• ASQ recognized CQE.
• AS9100 and CMMI experience.
• Six sigma or lean manufacturing experience.
• Experience as a Lead Mission Assurance Engineer on prime contract space or missile programs.
Competencies for Success:
• Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions or recommendations for overall project success.
• Individual must be able to work independently and will be required to interface with internal and external customer counterparts at all levels.
• Ability to work across all functional organizations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills a must.