Job ID: BDH20161512-37676
With projected annual revenues in of nearly$4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our San Diego, CA location is seeking a Principal Contracts Specialist to join our team.
Provides Contract Management expertise to multiple program teams simultaneously that may involve substantial company risk.
• Foster positive customer relationships and collaborates with program team on program/ contract terms and contract structure; ensure intellectual property is identified, protected and/or licensed.
• Execute change management process.
• Review terms and conditions (T&C’s) to clarify and identify provisions and risks; recommend risk mitigation strategy and ensures flow down of required T&C’s. Manage delegation process.
• Participate in the development and execution of negotiation plan.
• Execute sales order entry process and facilitate cash terms and payment process.
• Monitor contract costs to ensure alignment with contract funding.
• Provide guidance, support, and training to contracts management employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field and 6 years of contracts administration within an aerospace/government contracting experience required. MBA and 4 years of contracts administration within an aerospace/government contracting experience is preferred.
• NCMA certification is preferred.
• Requires working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
• Requires excellent writing and presenting technical information skills.
• Requires problem solving (root cause and corrective action) and process improvement skills.
• This position may be filled at a lower level as a Sr Contracts Specialist.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.