Job ID: DDW20160711-37198
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Chandler, AZ. US Citizenship is required. The ability to obtain a security clearance is required. Active Secret Clearance is preferred.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, which require use of ingenuity and creativity and without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Based on a generally defined problems, study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and without detailed direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve the ideal design. Develop, coordinate and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. Travel of up to 25% of the time may be required.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and seven years of related work experience or Master’s Degree and four years of related work experience or a PhD and two years of related experience. The position can be filled one level lower.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
• The ability to perform engineering analyses for reports using tools such as PSpice or Matlab
• An understanding of ‘sneak circuit’ concepts and how to apply the available analytical tools.
• The ability to readily understand schematics, circuits, interconnect and cabling diagrams.
• Working knowledge of electrical and electronic system design, integration and test
• Some hands on test experience with electrical systems or components is required
• Ability to write test procedure and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and passed all required tests
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to communicate with engineers and other departments are important
• Documentation skills and experience on common PC desktop applications are also required
• Experience working in the aerospace industry strongly preferred
Position may be filled one level lower depending on candidate’s education and experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D