Requisition ID: 31024
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Office Support Clerk III in the REFM Department provides administrative support to the Directors of Facilities Planning & Development, Real Estate and Facilities Operations divisions. The Office Support Clerk III provides administrative and clerical support to the REFM Department. In addition, the incumbent provides backup to the two other Office Support Clerks III in the department as indicated and when required.
This position works a 7.5 hour work week, Monday to Friday, and will be based out of Evans Works Yard Work location and shift hours may change as operationally required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes time entry, reviews and validates time entry reports, ensuring that they meet time entry standards, especially as they apply to REFM trade shops.
- Must have completed the time entry basic course through CityLearn and be eligible to get access to the SAP time entry system
- Processes work cycles in SAP, including invoices, goods receipts, and service entry sheets. Reviews the outstanding goods receipts that have not yet been received and follows up with staff to find them.
- Create shopping carts and complete shopping requests on behalf of the managers (SOBOs)
- Prepares ESAFs, ECAFs, Requisitions, and other HR forms
- Reconciles P-card statements against PM Work Orders in SAP, especially from REFM trade shop staff
- Maintains calendars, arranges meetings, handles correspondence, monitors email and makes travel arrangements and training registrations.
- Assists in the preparation and formatting of presentations and other documents using the appropriate Microsoft Office software programs and using departmental and COV templates.
- Cascades communication from the FP&D Director, RES Director or FO Director to staff across the REFM department as directed.
- Functions as the Department Records Coordinator (DRC)
- Provides administrative support for department or division special events (i.e. United Way) as requested and in collaboration with other administrative roles.
- Schedules interviews as required.
- Draft letters of Offer as requested on behalf of Directors/Managers.
- Requests IT and Security access for new staff and staff changes.
- Updates organization chart, phone lists and quick find.
- Assists with new employee onboarding and orientation as requested.
- Arranges complex meetings by booking venues, sending out invitations and ensuring that required equipment and amenities are available.
- Requests and administers cell phones and accessories for new staff per policy and as approved.
- Maintains and administers SAP license additions, deletions and changes.
- Takes and prepares minutes for meetings (including but not limited to Labour Management and Central Safety)
- Tracks the completion of REFM worksite safety inspections, prepares quarterly / semi-annual / annual worksite safety inspection reports, follows up with the responsible staff on missing reports (this is a new requirement)
- Receives and responds to phone and email inquiries regarding the status of work requests
- Occasionally assists Work Control Centre clerks with triaging of incoming work requests
- Follows up with REFM and Parks Operations regarding outstanding service notifications or work requests
- Provides back up, when required, to the two other Office Support Clerks III by performing duties as outlined in the position descriptions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by courses in commercial subjects, typing, word processing and sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and math.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations which govern departmental activities.
- Proficiency in Business information software (e.g. SAP), including time entry, processing of web cycles, work orders and notifications (PM Module).
- Proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,Visio, Access) and VanDocs
- Proficiency with eSAFs and eCAFs
- Knowledge of office procedures and skill in the operation of office equipment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices for maintenance of office records and filing.
- Ability to understand and interpret oral and written instructions.
- Ability to successfully, effectively and tactfully deal with the public and staff in interpreting and explaining departmental rules, regulations and processes.
- Advanced word processing skills.
- Work effectively independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Parks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: June 30, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.