Job ID: JV20171701-37972
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Network/Telecom Engineer to join our Enterprise Telecommunications Team in our Data Center located in Carrollton, Texas.
As part of this team, the Network/Telecom Engineer will help to administer and support several key, enterprise network infrastructure systems. This position will be responsible for helping to ensure these systems are functioning at optimum levels while maximizing system availability. This position will monitor a problem ticket queue and troubleshoot issues as needed. This position will provide input to discussions on the overall direction of the supported applications and maintain a repository of relevant documentation. This position will also be responsible for establishing strong working relationships with their peers and Business Unit contacts.
• Participate in the specification of requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced Voice solutions.
• Provide technical implementation and configuration for various Cisco IPT products and services and perform troubleshooting.
• Responsible for designing, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for Cisco VoIP installations.
• Responsible for cable management and inventory control in the Data Center.
• Responsible for Layer 1 and Layer 2 support in the Data Center.
• Develop technical documentation to support the proposed design and implementation approach, including but not limited to network diagrams and test plans.
• Participates, as a key member of the Telecommunications team, supporting, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services required for VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) deployments including QOS (Quality of Service), COS (Class Of Service) and VLANs (Virtual Local Area Network).
• Set up, configure, and test Cisco Call Manager, Unity, Call Manager Express, Unity Express, Webex, Jabber, and voice gateways, etc.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
• Prior technical experience in VoIP implementation and support experience.
• Substantial experience with Cisco Unified Communications systems including Webex, Jabber, CUCM, Unity Connection, UCCX, CUPS, CUBE, SRST, H.323/MGCP Gateways, TelePresence
• Understanding of telecomm technologies beyond Cisco is a plus (Nortel, Avaya, etc.).
• Hands-on experience with SIP trunking and debugging SIP messaging.
• Data Center cable management, switching and routing experience a plus
• Very good knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Systems, Tandberg, and Polycom technologies.
• Ability to analyze and design voice systems to achieve efficient and secure operation
• Experience with Cisco Jabber and Webex
• Minimum 6+ years working in a team oriented IT environment designing and supporting Cisco telecomm environments.
• Understanding of enterprise DNS and IPAM with Infoblox a plus.
• Good customer service attitude and skills.
• Ability to remain effective with limited direction.
• Ability to take part in an after-hours, on call rotation.
• Exceptional organizational skills with attention to deadlines and details.
• Self-motivated and able to multitask under aggressive schedules.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written, verbal and facilitation skills.
• Strong documentation skills, as well as version management.
• Ability to work with both highly technical and business oriented resources and to work in a matrixed, team-based environment.
• Candidates must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Certification preferred.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D