Job ID: CM20162111-37416
Orbital ATK employs students from a variety of disciplines, including technical and engineering fields. College students may receive hands-on projects involved with such areas as the design, build and support work on space systems that support scientific missions to study near-earth and other space environments, and to advance new technologies. During these internships, a major project will be assigned and/or many discrete opportunities will be available. In many cases, internships serve as a potential stepping stone to full time employment.
Orbital ATK is currently looking to fill an intern position to support our Manufacturing Engineering team in the San Diego, California facility of our Space Components Division. While working as an ontern for Orbital ATK – San Diego you will be given the opportunity to learn/strengthen the following skills in a professional environment.
As an Intern in the Materials & Process Engineering group you will:
• Work with M&P Engineers and the Mechanical Test Laboratory on improvements in test methods and procedures to improve test accuracy and repeatability
• Provide entry level M&P support to varied programs
• Work on approved IRAD activities.
• Work to improve the existing M&P standard specifications.
• Perform related duties as assigned or required.
Preferred candidates will have completed two or more years of college-level engineering or other applicable field of study.
• 3rd year or later undergraduate student studying Materials Science, Composite Materials Engineering or related field preferred.
• Candidates with curriculum including study of composite materials and / or processes preferred.
• Experience and success in working within teams
• Proven ability to multi-task and self-starter able to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills to drive actions necessary to accomplish assigned tasks
• Customer focus
• Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources
• High degree of attention to detail and level of accuracy required
In order to be considered, candidates must submit their resume online with the following education information: major, graduation date, and most current cumulative GPA (must be 3.0 or higher). It is also helpful if you indicate if you are seeking full time or internship opportunities.
Most positions will be filled as a 12-week internship (from mid to late May until mid to late August 2015).
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background