Job ID: SS20171601-37962
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Material Program Manager (Princ. Material Program Admin) to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills.
• Liaison for assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc
• Represent Orbital ATK in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and leadership briefings (internal/external)
• Point of contact interfacing with the Program Office and internal customers; Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts
• Oversee all Supply Chain Management activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control
• Total supply chain execution for assigned program(s) from proposal through product delivery
• Responsible for preparing and executing Material Program Plans (MPPs)
• Understand basic technical knowledge of the assigned program(s)
• Perform in a deputy program manager role, especially for a Program with large material content
• Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
• Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements
• Communicate linkage of overall program and supply chain objectives and establish compatible long-range vision and strategy for strategic subcontracts including strategic agreements
• Oversee program planning and execution through applicable phases to support prime program requirements: concept, exploration, engineering development, advanced development, production, sustainment, retirement, etc.
• Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
• Drive timely and clearly communicated program decisions and recommendations
• Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, and schedule and adequacy of systems, procedures, people and selection of companies (companies, strategic partners) for long term success
• Challenge business impediments to excellence and continuous improvement
• Drive data based decision making
• Cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) for an assigned program
• Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
• Establish and track monthly sales/expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities
• Focal point and lead for Program EACs as it pertains to material
• Responsible creating Supply Chain Management labor BOEs
• Managing program material proposal activities
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
• Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
• Proven leadership skills and experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion
• Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
• Capable of multi-tasking and able to work extended hours as necessary
• Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
• Communicate clearly, and excel in a fast paced environment,
• Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
• Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with FAR/DFAR
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and 8 years related experience or a Master’s degree and 5 years related experience
• Must be a US Citizen
• Material Program Management and/or Supply Chain Management experience working on prime defense programs
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to travel domestic and internationally
• Strong Program and Budget Management skills
• Supply Chain/Program Management experience under a Prime Contract
• Integrated Product Team experience
• Deltek Costpoint experience
• Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Understanding of Government Procurement processes and regulations
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance (not required)
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
• Lean and Six Sigma Training and/or Certification desired
• Experience leading and support prime proposal efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.