AGCO has an exciting opportunity for Material Planner to support various locations. As a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions; AGCO delivers effective, high-tech solutions for those working to feed the world’s population.
As the Material Planner you will manage the external supply of purchased products to the AGCO manufacturing assembly line build plan requirements while achieving defined inventory levels. Additionally you will focus on supporting the purchasing functions in conjunction with the corporate purchasing team.
- Support purchasing functions within the Supply Chain by optimizing lead time, processing costs and performance.
- Establish standardized reports for lead time changes, PO date changes and exceptions with proper follow up and communications.
- Align, monitor and lead key KPI improvement activities.
- Lead and support root cause and corrective action projects to improve supply performance.
- Assist with conflict management with the supply base.
- Collaborate with the plant materials managers on purchase parts inventory management.
- Support and attain defined inventory levels for purchased components in support of an optimized inventory balance.
- Develop & amend material release quantities with suppliers consistent with company inventory policy.
- Analyze requirements from site MRP System, note, correct and communicate discrepancies when appropriate.
- Work with internal and external groups to reduce inventory levels required to support assembly requirements.
- Communicate requirements forecast to the supplier in order meet delivery schedules consistent with production schedule.
- Work with suppliers to identify and resolve any potential future supply challenges.
- Resolve component supply issues related to supplier quality problem and inventory discrepancies.
- Uses internal expedite reports and make necessary contacts to ensure supplier delivery performance meet commitments and expectations.
- Implement engineering changes to minimize obsolete materials both internally and externally.
- Identify excess, distressed, and obsolete inventory and implement plans to disposition it.
- Resolve quantity and receiving discrepancies on supplier invoices.
- Identify, propose, and implement system improvements/enhancements.
- Drive supplier electronic ordering programs like EDI or web based to help improve operating efficiencies.
- Communicate with Production Control and Sales on moving orders in system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication / problem solving / manufacturing functional knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to multi-task by having good organization skills and perseverance in completing difficult tasks.
- Desire and drive to succeed.
Minimal travel is anticipated for this position.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices that fit your life including: medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, a 401k match, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
A World of Opportunities
Our AGCO family lives in many places around the world with manufacturing, sales and administrative sites spanning the globe: from Finland to China, the US to Germany, France to Brazil. We are a team of more than 20,000 employees in over 35 countries. As a company, we benefit from the perspective, experience and ideas that come from our naturally diverse team. Our strong, modern brands, such as Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, meet a wide variety of farmer needs and are well-known around the world.
Join us as we bring agriculture into the future. Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit to help us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people!
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.