Job ID: ALC20161912-37709
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking Temporary Material Handlers to provide support to our Operations team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
NOTE: This is a temporary position.
Successful candidate will perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping, receiving, excessing and warehousing duties, which may require the use of hand trucks, forklifts and other material handling devices, as well as computers to maintain data
• Receive materials on plant
• Place material in kits, identifies kits, and transports kits to storage or point of use
• Perform safe handling and processing of hazardous material(s)
• Capable of working in a harsh environment. Tasks include working inside a -10 Degree F Max freezer
• Perform inventory and maintain accurate inventory levels
• Package and ship end item parts
• Issue material to work orders/Kanban
• Transfer, impound, and label materials
• Primary duties will be in receiving, shipping, and stores
• Operate a forklift, hand truck, pallet jacks (manual and powered), small trucks
• Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
• Other duties as required
• Candidate must have 0-2 years’ experience working in warehousing, inventory management, receiving and/or scheduling
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
• Valid Driver License required
• Ability to lift 50 lbs and perform physical work
• Experience with Word, Excel, and an inventory database
• Shift work will be required
• Overtime may be required
• Work shifts other than days may be required
• Forklift certification preferred
• Medical Card Certification/CDL certification preferred
Competencies for Success:
• Ability to work alone and in a team environment
• Able to solve problems
• Willingness to meet customer needs
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong attention to detail
• Initiative, self starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision after training is complete.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.