At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Our facility in Barberton, Ohio is seeking qualified applicants to fill the role of Master Fitter. The Master Fitter will be responsible for the set-up of work stations in the fabrication shop, along with cleaning, fitting, expanding, and milling of product. Additionally, our Master Fitters also:
- Must work and operate safely at all times, utilizing all required PPE and following all safety requirements
- Fit, align, assemble, and secure component parts of any size, complexity, shape or design; secures fit-ups by welding, bolting, clamping, and similar methods
- Performs grinding duties by hand or with machine grinders or belt sanders, removing weld defects, removing weld splatter, removing temporary attachments, back grooving, and surface preparation for NDE, inspection, or painting
- Perform SMAW (stick) welding
- Set up and operate many types of equipment routinely used for bending, shaping, and contouring of steels and alloyed metals
- Work to achieve first time quality in all aspects of job duties
- Build mock-ups for testing
- Perform tack welds; chamfer, deburr, and blend product
- Transport material from work station to work station as required
- Perform close tolerance (<.005”) bench worker and grinding duties as required, using manual and semi-automatic tools
- Remove bracing, blocks, etc. using mechanical means, grinding and air arc (reverse) weld process
- Use precision measuring equipment
- Work to exact tolerances under any required preheat
- Set up and operate vibrational conditioning and hydro equipment as required
- Work to detailed written instructions and procedures requiring a high degree of verbatim compliance
- Must be able to read, interpret and comply with all types of drawings, charts, work instructions, procedures and other written and visual aid documents
- Maintain necessary records, identify and stencil product with necessary information
- Work from prints, sketches, process sheets, and other forms of verbal and written communication
- Work above and below floor level
- Operate all types of floor-operated cranes to perform lifts incidental to job duties
- Work performed must conform to all customer, code, and quality control requirements
- Successful applicants must pass all required screening and assessment processes, which includes completing a manually welded horizontal test plate that meets NDT requirements
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in fabrication is preferred. Lesser experience coupled with formal training and/or previous certifications may be acceptable.
- High school diploma/GED is required for all BWXT positions, and graduation date will be verified via background check.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to work ANY SHIFT.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, respirator fit test, drug screen, and background check prior to hire date.
Please note: The hourly rate for this position is up to $30.267 and is complimented by a generous benefits package.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.