Requisition Number: 47669
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position:
• Serve as MarCom contact to help Emerging Innovations Group (EIG) business leads accomplish their desired goals
• Design collateral and develop marketing materials that support global efforts, drive customer discussions, and influence purchasing decisions for EIG businesses
• Develop content for various communications tools, including Web, promotional materials, videos, photography, tradeshows, presentations, brochures, graphics, posters, product information sheets, etc.
• Coordinate global tradeshow participation to promote the Corning brand and EIG businesses
• Develop ideas, write and edit content for internal and external audiences and lead approvals processes
• Coordinate with corporate communications and other Corning businesses, as appropriate
• Write and edit content that will be used across various tools for internal and external audiences
• Engage with subject matter specialists to build sell sheets, brochures, graphics, posters and other materials that support S&T, EIG and corporate initiatives
• Coordinate with corporate communications on corporate and business events related to S&T and EIG initiatives, as appropriate
• Lead projects that involve vendors, work within budgets, and meet timelines
• Collaborate with S&T MarCom team and communications colleagues across the globe, as needed
• Develop messages, build content, serve as S&T representative on appropriate projects
• Plan events, lead meetings and manage projects
Travel Requirements: Some domestic travel. Potential for limited international travel.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Full-time >40 hrs/week
Required Education/experience: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism or related fields and 2-5 years of related experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, apply different writing styles per audience
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing project requirements
• Creative, organized and detail oriented
• Ability to learn and understand new technologies and markets
• Strong project management skills with ability to assess priorities and to move multiple assignments forward in tandem
• Preferred experience with Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Experience and comfort with web-based tools and interfaces
• Self-motivated; takes initiative
• Tradeshow/Exhibit background
• Design and layout experience
• Ability to work across various levels within an organization
• Creative and innovative
• Good judgment and ability to think strategically
• Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Presentation skills
• Process driven
• Web skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
• Strong work ethic
• Demonstrates curiosity and opportunistic approach; learns quickly
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.