Job ID: REN20172501-38104
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK has an exciting, hands-on Manufacturing Process Engineering opportunity at our Manufacturing Center of Excellence, near Cumberland MD. This is a premier ATK location with extreme corporate visibility. As our ideal candidate, you will provide hands-on manufacturing engineering support in the Electronic Fuze and Integration business lane.
• Work with program team to resolve day-to-day production related issues
• Provide technical equipment and product support to area operations supervisor
• Maintain and develop product manufacturing procedures
• Improve processes and assist in identifying new equipment/facilities necessary for new product lines
• Perform hands-on resolution of issues in manufacturing areas
• Participate in program planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on program assignments
• Participate in cost estimating and work area conceptualization for business development
• B.S degree in a technical field is required. Prefer BS in Electrical Engineering
• 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Electrical and Electro Mechanical Assembly preferred.
• Demonstrated hands-on electrical ability
• Experience using SPC and Six Sigma techniques
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes. Dispositions discrepant hardware. Provides suggestions to improve productivity. Provides day-to-day support to manufacturing personnel. Determines requirements for tools/fixtures.
1. Coordinates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
2. Coordinates with production on day-to-day activites. Resolves routine manufacturing process issues and assists in the resolution of complex manufacturing process issues.
3. Evaluates discrepant hardware. Conducts root cause/corrective action investigations using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagram, 5D, etc.
4. Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support manufacturing activities.
5. Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
6. Educates/trains operators on new and existing processess.
7. Incorporate engineering changes on work in process.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D