The Manufacturing Engineer develops and improves manufacturing process by studying products and manufacturing methods. To lead production team on kaizen, lean manufacturing floor re-layout, ergonomic management and workplace safety etc.
He/ She works closely with production team lead, supervisor and leader in jig and fixture design, ensuring the equipment’s and machines in good condition, all work instructions are in place and enforced.
What You Will Do
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Establish work instruction and formalize the documents
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, English.
- Knowledged in Autocad and Solidworks Software is an added advantage.
- Good cycle time, Lean Manufacturing and 7 QC tools application skills.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Manufacturing/Production Operations or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Who You Are (core competency)
- Continuous Improvement
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Monitoring Information
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Travel (yes or no)
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now.
Join us as we bring agriculture into the future. Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people.