Take care of each other: That is what we do at Carilion Clinic, we care for our neighbors and each other as family. The strength of our health care system comes from strength at all levels. Our facilities’ teammates keep our system functions working as one. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The Environmental Tech I provides detailed housekeeping services to an assigned area and/or project area and cleans discharges and ancillary spaces. Supports Carilion’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides detailed housekeeping services in all assigned rooms and areas as specified in policies and procedures.
- Completes special projects as assigned in timely manner.
- Possess job knowledge of all areas and be able to work in fast paced and traumatic areas, such as ED, OR, L & D and special procedure areas, with ease.
- Cleans, maintains and restocks Environmental Services equipment and returns to designated storage areas.
- Follows proper guidelines when cleaning discharges or project rooms.
- Communicates with lead/monitor tech/nursing staff.
- Completes proper documentation for isolation cleanings.
- If using Tele-Tracking, may be required to monitor, logs beds in and out and use correct codes for rooms that are not ready to be cleaned.
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
Experience: No experience required, but preference will be given to applicants with prior experience. On the job training provided. Previous institutional cleaning experience desirable
Other: Must be able to communicate effectively and read written materials. Close attention to details essential. Position is considered essential during emergency weather conditions. Must be able to travel and work at different work sites within Carilion.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 87196
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH – Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Fridays every other weekend rotating Holidays.
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.