Req Id: 318393
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Security Operations Center – Applications Development and support team plans, designs, builds, and operates Bell’s cyber security platforms.
As a Specialist, Automation and Software Development, part of the SOC team at Bell, you will have the opportunity to work on developing applications to support the SOC team operations.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Work with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain supporting software
- Design solutions to improve the effectiveness of the SOC Team
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Participate in the Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) cycle.
- Resolve operational problems in a timely fashion, handle escalated issues and follow up on outstanding items promptly
- Contribute to project meeting and report on issue status
- Deep knowledge of programming, SDLC, Design Patterns and Software Architecture
- Knowledge of the following web development stack and concepts: Golang, Neo4J, GraphQL, Python, Openshift, NodeJs, performance testing.
- Expertise in microservices, containerized development, ability to create, troubleshoot code, infrastructure and orchestration of such an environment
- Good expertise of CI/CD pipelines using GitLab Runners and/or Jenkins
- Good expertise with Test Driven Development
- Good expertise with Linux and its administration
- Good experience designing in RESTful architectural style
- Knowledge in IT Security (SSDLC)
- Critical thinker – demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems effectively
- Avid learner – continuous learner of all things technical and process
- Team player – ability to work with a wide range of geographically distributed teammates
- Great communicator – ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Focus driven – ability to manage stress and pressure in a collaborative environment
- Transformational agent – agile and ability to mobilize resources and execute on critical initiatives needed to transform our business
#Indeed #Tech #SDLC #WebDevelopmentStack #SSDLC #SoftwareDeveloper #FullstackSoftwareDeveloper
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 10/14/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.