At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,650 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
CNC Programmer – BWX Technologies, Inc — Barberton, OH
- Responsible for the development and preparation of complex machine process programs for all types of computer numerically controlled machine tools (CNC).
- Achievement of on schedule completions at the lowest product cost consistent with quality, safety, and system compliance.
- Analyzes complex manufacturing drawings to develop and prepare process parts programs for complex multiple axis machining operations for any type of CNC machine tool.
- Applies part programs on the shop floor as necessary. May train or instruct operators.
- Participates in the selection of tooling and fixtures required and assists in the interpretation of specifications.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- Associates degree with 2 years experience or 6 years experience
- Requires proficiency in the use of automatic programmed tool computer language (APT), UNIAPT, and Unigraphics CAD/CAM system.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be familiar with the operations of large machine shop.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Secuirty Clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.