Job ID: HLW20171901-38016
With projected annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Chemical Manufacturing Engineer to join our Lake City team.
• BS Chemical Engineering
• Experience in Chemical processing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to follow detailed instructions for handling hazardous materials
• Basic knowledge of process automation and controls, including ability to read/interpret P&IDs
• Basic understanding of process hazards analysis
• General awareness of safety standards for hazardous operations
• Familiarity with ammunition, explosives, and pyrotechnics and their functions is a plus
• Basic understanding of statistical process control and/or statistical evaluation techniques
• Basic understanding of lean concepts
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D