The Calibration Technician I reports directly to the Team Leader, Manager, or Director depending on the organizational structure. These positions are non-exempt. Twenty five to Fifty percent travel may be required based on project and client needs. Relocation assistance is available for this position. Pay starts at $28/hour and up depending on experience.
****This position services customers that require vaccinations to enter their premises
Calibration Technicians complete calibrations, qualifications, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, following PCI and/or client specific policies and procedures. They are expected to take a proactive role in supporting the Team and in providing client support and are expected to build a high level of trust with internal and client personnel. This trust is developed through consistently upholding PCI Values and demonstrating Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Accountability, Teamwork, and Commitment.
Calibration Technician I
- Completes calibrations and qualifications in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following PCI and client specific policies and proposals.
- Responsible for proper handling and maintenance of PCI and client equipment, including testing and standards equipment.
- Identifies project supply and equipment needs and conveys to the appropriate resource to ensure availability.
- Works to understand client needs and requirements through effective communication and develops client relationships through excellent customer service. Ensures client requests are conveyed to the appropriate PCI management resource and met in accordance with management direction.
- On average, 90 – 95% of work time will be utilized completing calibration and maintenance events.
- Timesheets and expense reports are completed weekly with accurate labor and expense codes.
- Maintains a neat and professional PCI work area and projects a professional image at all times.
- Always considers safety when executing tasks and projects. Ensures that PCI work areas are safe, neatly organized and professional on-site and in an office environment.
- Is attune to potential new opportunities for PCI when at a client site or interacting with a client and relays this lead back to Leader/Manager.
Calibration Technician I
- Basic understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards, and Test Accuracy and Uncertainty Ratios.
- Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process control loops and systems; understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
- Basic understanding and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
- Ability to climb stairs; climb on equipment such as tanks. Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
- General electrical panel knowledge and electrical safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working with people.
- Able to make independent decisions within defined scope of work, seeks clarification and directions when needed. Must be self-driven and demonstrate ability to work with little direction.
- Listens well and asks questions to learn more.
- Displays good organizational skills.
Experience & Education Required for the Calibration Technician I:
A four-year degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Electronics, other related technical field or equivalent military training and two years of applicable (Metrology, Instrumentation, Calibration) experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Quality System/Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2017. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.