You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Morrison Healthcare? Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day—on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives—one day at a time. Join us.
Location: St. Michael’s Hospital, 30 Bond St, Toronto, M5B 1W8
Shift: Monday to Sunday plus Holidays
Pay rate: $14.25/hr
Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepare coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, cafe latte, and cappuccino.
- Sell coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Baristas? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous work experience as a Barista is an asset.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.