Job ID: ETF20171801-37992
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for our Associate Engineer positions at various locations across the United States. Associate Engineers at Orbital ATK start their career in a fast-paced, hands-on, and cutting-edge engineering environment in one of our three Business Groups: Flight Systems, Defense Systems, and Space Systems.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group is one of the world’s preeminent satellite builders and advanced space systems providers. We design, manufacture and operate small- to medium-class satellites for communications, imaging, science and national security space applications. We are a market-leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes and are pioneering innovative in-orbit satellite servicing technologies. We are also a premier provider of space-related engineering services to government agencies and laboratories.
• Support validation of flight procedures, scripts, and telemetry pages for the IceSat-2 Program
• Support mission readiness tests, rehearsals, spacecraft commissioning as a flight controller
• Maintain the operations procedure/script library as required by modifying based on lessons learned, space/ground configuration changes
• Work under the direction of more senior engineers to modify and/or create operational products. (Scripts or Procedures)
Long Term Mission Operations
• Create long term trending and reports from on orbit telemetry.
• Provide reports to more senior engineers for review.
• Work with a team to research, design, develop, integrate, test, maintain, and document aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems.
• Research and analyze proposed design and process changes.
• Perform engineering analyses by applying engineering principles and techniques and publish results in technical reports.
• Troubleshoot and develop solutions to engineering-related problems.
• Travel up to 20% of the time for simulation and launch support
• Currently pursing or have completed a degree in aerospace, chemical, civil, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• Degree completed by December 2016.
• General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
• Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Unix/Linux Operating System
• Experience with various technical analysis tools such as MATLAB and STK
• Ability to prepare and review technical presentations
• Experience with scripting and programming languages is required
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.