Job ID: ALC20162712-37749
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Associate Production Control Assistant to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Associate Production Control Assistant is responsible for coordinating daily manufacturing related activities between Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering departments. This position is responsible to support the production control function maintaining schedules and material requirements and availability for the manufacture of products in the Freeport Composites Center.
Successful candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
• Daily physical inventory of both Work In Progress and freezer
• Work with scheduling team to ensure correct demand of material is available
• Manage unplanned scrap in forming rooms to develop correct actions with the Integrated Product Teams
• Comply with all company safety rules and regulations
• Following directions, complete work assignments timely and accurately
• Validates actual completion data to required completion and assesses impacts
• Advises management of production status, and potential, problems to ensure labor, tools, equipment, and services are provided as needed
• Advises supervision and engineering concerning remedial action, part rework, or in-house stock fabrication to ensure that work progresses on schedule
• Determines how shortages will affect schedules
• Other duties and assignments as required
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
• Candidate must have a minimum of 0-2 years of manufacturing production control and scheduling experience in an aerospace or related industrial environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of shop operations and procedures with emphasis on manufacturing scheduling and production control
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
• Excellent computer skills; Word, Excel
• Experience with Microsoft Access
• Must meet physical requirements of the position (standing for long periods of time, stooping, bending)
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
• Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
Competencies for Success:
• Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.