Job ID: JSD20173101-38171
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers. Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product. Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineer. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts. Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
1. Under relatively close direction, performs a variety of specific engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature.
2. Applies theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems.
3. Responds in a timely manner to all requests.
4. Makes thoughtful and valuable suggestions and recommendations for improving own work.
5. Makes thoughtful and valuable suggestions and recommendations for improving own work. Perform design, analysis, fabrication, and/or test activities under the direction of a more senior engineer to support project objectives.
6. Establish requirements and procedures to evaluate, purchased equipment or materials.
7. Provide guidance to support personnel, such as designers and technicians to ensure that a project/program assignments meet established technical objectives.
8. Document results of analysis, test, and design activities.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D