Job ID: BDH20160112-37496
Orbital ATK is an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company with operations in 21 states, Puerto Rico, and internationally. Orbital ATK delivers affordable innovation in developing and manufacturing highly engineered products and solutions to our customers around the world.
Orbital ATK Aerospace Group is the world’s top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems, and lightweight space deployables and solar arrays.
As an Associate Manufacturing Engineer for the Orbital ATK Space Systems Group responsibilities will include both the planning and execution phases of flight hardware fabrication for a wide variety of aerospace applications.
• Assist in evaluating manufacturing improvement and process implementation within composite fabrication.
• Assist in workflow, layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
• Assist in working with CAD based files (ply cut files, solid models, NC machining files and CMM files).
• Reviews data from production programs for learning processing methods and determining potential process improvement opportunities. In this capacity an entry level Manufacturing Engineer will be part of a larger team conducting the study.
• Become familiar with common composite fabrication and assembly
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and a minimum of 1 year of experience in composite manufacturing/fabrication. ( Education and Internship excepted as past experience )
• Knowledge of continuous improvement philosophy and tools.
• Must be able to problem solving to ensure product quality and improve process.
• Knowledge of developing bill of materials (BOM).
• Ability to read, interpret engineering drawings.
• Knowledge and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
• Strong team communication skills
• Strong computer skills and presentation development and delivery skills
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
• Prefer CAD experience (NX-10/Team-center or other CAD experience).
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
• Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
• Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
NOTE: Position may be filled at one lower level with 1-2 years related experience and BS, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
At Orbital ATK, our strategy is to deliver affordable innovation to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. You’ll be amazed at what you can do! Orbital ATK offers a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers. Our organization is built on a foundation of outstanding talent and is committed to growing the skills of our workforce. Orbital ATK employees experience challenges of national and international significance that can’t be overstated. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver innovative solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.