Job ID: GEM20160810-36890
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Analytical Chemist (Principal Scientist) to join our Research and Development (R&D) team at our Promontory, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Analytical Chemist has the responsibility to work as a member of the Chemistry and Analytical Research Department performing analytical chemistry R&D and associated technical support of manufacturing operations.
• Candidate must have a PhD in Analytical Chemistry degree and a minimum of 3-5 years analytical chemistry working experience
• Demonstrated experience in chemical analysis of small molecules, macromolecules, energetic materials and rubber products
• Must have strong spectroscopic working experience with some chromatographic chemistry experience
• Strong research and problem solving capability in an R&D and/or production support organization
• Experience in NMR, FTIR and MS a plus
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of chemical analysis such as GC, GC/MS, HPLC, LC/MS, and Wetlab tests a plus
• Experience with investigation and troubleshooting of Aerospace materials and processing a plus
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry
Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated independent work skills
• Demonstrated innovation and/or problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry with 2 years experience, or MS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 5 years experience, or BS degree with 7 years experience
Position may be filled at a lower level (Scientist III)
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry , MS Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 2 years experience, or BS degree with 4 years experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.