Job Title: Welder 1-3
Shift: 1st shift 7am-3:30pm, OT starts at 5am plus Saturdays when needed
Classification: Non-exempt/Hourly starting at $23.99/hr up to $30.92/hr depending on experience
Reports to: Sr. Production Manager/Production Supervisor
The Welder MIG welds material to specification, from job orders and document production data.
- Follow required safety and work procedures.
- Set-up, adjust, program, and perform preventative maintenance on welding equipment and local exhaust.
- Use MIG welder to assemble metal products to specification, from job order and document production data at a level of output that minimizes production delays.
- Produce strong, penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous and consistent.
- Follow required procedures and use appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the assembly and welding process.
- Utilize quality checks to meet product standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
High school diploma or GED required, technical degree or certificate in welding preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous welding experience required.
- Ability to use various tools including (tape measure, hand grinder, plasma cutter, acetylene torch, etc.), read blueprints and tape measure.
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and angles).
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, respirator, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.