|City:||Chetwynd, BC, Canada|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Canfor is currently seeking motivated students who are currently enrolled in high school, specifically grade 11 or 12, for Weekend Casual High School Students positions. This opportunity provides the potential for growth within a fast-paced production environment, and will expose the ideal candidate to different training in various areas of the mill site.
- Ensure safety standards are met by following Canfor safe work and lockout procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in your work area and throughout the mill
- Train and develop skills in various areas of the mill site
- Develop strong working relationships with your peers and production team
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shiftwork
- Completion of grade 10
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
Preference may be given to those individuals with a Level 3 First Aid ticket AND/OR knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process.
The wage for a Weekend Casual High School Student starts at $30.83 per hour based on the collective agreement.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent