With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Vineyard Manager is responsible for leading an intermediate sized team of individuals with varying levels of experience and education and developing them to execute quality performance, problem solving, and customer
service (internal and external) at an assigned ranch location. Also develops and maintains an understanding and adherence to operational budgets, customer interaction, vineyard safety measures, and other functions relating to advancing viticulture and farming techniques.
What You Will Do:
- Communicates and interprets overall organizational directives and applies them to team and individual objectives.
- Supervises workforce including FLCs ensuring day-to-day activities are performed and manpower and resources are available to meet work schedule and assignment needs.
- Functions as the Gallo Vineyard Inc. (GVI) liaison that interfaces with the organization.
- Provides input to Gallo and contractor management, regarding individual and team performance.
- Coordinates and develops teams to solve day-to-day operational issues.
- Conducts safety training programs.
- Monitors and ensures achievement of goals, objectives and timelines.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Ensures the consistent application of organization policies.
- Monitors the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure daily operations are efficient; implements approved changes.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of ranch operations or vineyard management experience reflecting
increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus
6 years of ranch operations or vineyard management experience.
- Required to travel to various company owned ranches along the coast (to include extended hours,
weekend and late night assignments).
- Required to possess or obtain a California Pest Control License or Applicator License.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Viticulture, Agriculture or Business Administration plus 5 years of ranch operations, vineyard management, wastewater management or compost management experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish; speak, read and write.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 67324
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.