Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role:
Boston Scientific is looking for an outstanding, experienced, and independent UX developer to develop, create, and maintain internal business tools and applications. This position is joining a newly created group, one that operates as a smaller group within the greater Boston Scientific, to develop and deliver internal tools and apps that deliver new capabilities and drive the business forward to the future. This group has a startup feel with a high amount of visibility and opportunities. We are looking for someone to help us further establish this group and make their own mark on the group and business. We utilize an MVP (minimal viable product) mentality/methodology and expect you to know when it’s “good enough for now” without sacrificing the long-term vision or costing massive rework.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Taking ownership of projects and working independently. This role will own communication with internal customers, documenting requirements, created userflows and wireframes etc. Crisp, clear communication will be the key to success.
- Completing tasks and projects quickly and 'correctly' – meaning commenting, testing, and all other documentation while still hitting deadlines. This individual must be methodical and detail oriented in the face of rapidly changing demands.
- Communicating and Collaborating with cross-functional teams – bring your technical knowledge and expertise along with a 'can-do' attitude to enrich the team and guide them to the best possible solution.
What We’re Looking For In You:
- 1+ years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- User Experience Design & Methodologies
- Wireframing, Prototyping
- Must be fluent in Balsamiq, Figma, Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Slack
- User Interface Design
- Strong Communication and Collaboration skills. This individual works with a multitude of customers, all with differing roles, levels, and experience with software development. Being able to clearly communicate ideas and collaborate with those customers is a must.
- Ability to learn and adapt – this role will have many unexpected challenges and you must able to learn new skillsets and methodologies to overcome these challenges.
- MVP (minimal viable product) and what that means to you and your customer.
- Software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum) and tools (e.g. Kanban boards)
- UI frameworks such as bootstrap
- VueJS framework for awesome interactive frontends
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 468721