We are searching for an enthusiastic Utilities Mechanic to perform maintenance, preventative checks and services of equipment including boilers, air compressors, process systems, hot water heating systems, water softeners and pumps. You will need a strong work ethic, self-motivation and a willingness to comply with all safety, quality and Good Manufacturing Practices.
There are so many opportunities and different aspects of the job to learn and keep each day exciting. We offer a friendly atmosphere, safe working environment and great pay. If you want an opportunity like no other to learn skills and contribute to the heartbeat of our company, Dart is the choice for you!
Day to Day Role:
- Responsible for boiler room maintenance and preventive checks and services of boiler room equipment. Performs maintenance on air compressors, process systems (cooling water), boilers, cooling tanks/towers and other equipment. Boiler room provides cooling water, steam and compressed air for use in cup production process.
- Responsible for blowing down boilers to remove contaminates and adding assorted chemicals (rust inhibitors, de-scalers etc) to boilers to ensure proper performance of systems. Annually, will perform major boiler maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining hot water heating systems for buildings to include maintaining heat exchangers.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of water pumps and water softeners.
- Responsible for performing water analysis for boiler and process systems and maintaining associated documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining holding pond PH balances.
- Responsible for “general repairs.” Incumbent is responsible for welding and building a variety of special projects to include tanks, platforms and hoppers. Employee will perform assorted metal fabrications and assembly of pre-fabricated parts for machine installations. Employee will focus on the inter-building project work and fabrication to support the production infrastructure.
- Must be available 24/7 to respond to plant emergencies.
- Assist with other building maintenance areas.
- Must sustain good or better attendance on performance appraisals.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- One year of experience performing maintenance and repair on equipment including boilers, air compressors, cooling tanks, process systems, hot water heating system or water pumps/water softeners.
- Mechanical aptitude to include familiarity with hands-tools, power tools, electrical systems, plumbing, fabrication, blueprint/ schematics and welding.
- Ability to pass & maintain state EPA water operator’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain fork-lift and aerial lift certification.
- A valid driver's license.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous welding and fabrication experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.