Job ID: 78169
Required Travel :No Travel
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible to administer the operations of computer systems related to UNIX & Windows operating systems, servers, virtualization and Cloud technologies.
What will your job look like?
- Perform OS tuning, understand networking, perform user management, and perform security hardening, review OS logs as needed and perform system backups.
- Familiarity with VMWARE / ESXi installation, vCenter installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- The successful candidate will have experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting. Experience with PERL, SH and CSH variants, KSH required, more the better.
- Understanding of hardware and software RAID configurations and building is desirable.
- Experience integrating, testing and managing complex virtualized systems.
- Candidate will be expected to evaluate new technologies to meet business needs or to solve business problems.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis, Lessons Learned and prevention processes to provide high standard deliverables that meet SLA (Service Level Adherence) and ensure CSAT (Customer Satisfaction.
All you need is…
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with 3+ years’ experience
- Experience with administering Red Hat Linux, HP Unix and Solaris Unix based systems.
- VMware and VSphere experience.
- Experience with Clustering Technologies on Red Hat Linux, HP Unix and Solaris Unix based systems.
- Performing Linux and Unix Systems Administration duties
- Ability to install Operating System, software packages and patches.
- Ability to work inside Datacenter, Vendors. Knowledge of hardware administration. Knowledge of at least one of the Virtualization technologies
- Any of the platform certifications, such as: RHEL, VMware
- Any of the Virtual Certifications such as: VCP
Why you will love this job:
- You will be working on market leading software for the telecommunications industry.
- You will be provided with a rare learning opportunity within an experienced team, to work on high-end technology.
- You will be working within an extremely diverse and multi-cultural environment, and a fast growing and dynamic organization.