Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Friday; Tuesday; Variable
Employment Type: Part-Time
Requisition #: 53036
Provides clerical support to patient care area(s) to ensure delivery of effective and efficient services. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
This position is 24 hours a week with rotating days and nights.
Fridays: 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 7 p.m.-7:30 a.m.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- 2 years of experience in a clerical role
- Experience in a medical setting
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other Windows-based applications
- Experience in medical terminology
- Unit Secretary (US) certification
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication, organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment (in clinical areas)
- Provides customer service support to internal and external customers with clear and concise communication, e.g., warm greeting protocol, directions, visitor hygiene instructions, visitations guidelines.
- Distributes and collects appropriate paperwork and forms, e.g., phone list, round sheets, careboards, surgical and medical packets, lab labels.
- Maintains patient census and patient identification information. e.g., Epic, census book, patient charts, patient labels.
- Orders and maintains appropriate inventory of unit supplies, e.g., office supplies, formula, blood bank, i-STATs.
- Orients new associates in appropriate unit secretary duties.
- Collects daily line day data.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Not Present
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp – Administrative/Clerical Supp