Job Req ID: 631901
Position Number: 00131911
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Days M-F 6:30am-7pm with possible one day weekend rotation once a month
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: NSG – Operating Room
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: CMC Main, 1000 Blythe Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28203
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
The Unit Coordinator I assists in planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating activities at the centralized command center by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining a safe environment. The Unit Coordinator I schedules all surgical procedures, performs data entry into the computer system, reconciles patient charges, copies records, fax and relay messages.
- Schedules all surgical procedures in the computer system.
- Ensures adequate time is allotted for each procedure and is aware of supply needs and limitations.
- Coordinates interdepartmental needs of scheduled cases, i.e. room availability
- Enters patient charges in a timely manner, completes batch header, and reconciles charges in the time frame allowed.
- Maintains a variety of databases, spreadsheets, and project documents.
- Communicates all information regarding scheduling changes to all persons and/or departments involved.
- Prepare a final version of the daily surgical schedule for distribution and/or viewing on computer monitor, by appropriate areas within the established time frame.
Work requires lengthy periods of sitting, walking on hard surfaces, changes in temperature and humidity. Demonstrates the ability to react and perform appropriately with stressful situations. Knowledgeable regarding Universal Precaution and can act appropriately if exposed to blood and/or bodily fluids. Must be able to lift, push and pull less than or up to 20 pounds. Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, climb stairs, twist, squat or kneel in performing office tasks, running errands, and transport materials. Must be able to use hands for gripping, speed work, and precision during the operation of the computer and accessories. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is required, depth perception should be within normal limits and be able to distinguish basic colors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Clinical experience with data entry preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer