Job ID: 72067
Required Travel :Up to 25%
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
We are developing a Network Automation Platform which is cloud native, carrier-grade, secured, scalable, highly available, unified platform based on a microservices architecture.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical expertise in terms of software development focusing on non-functional aspects
- You will work with software engineers and other architects to define and refine the product structure to align with the business, development, deployment, and maintenance needs.
- You will work with customers and product line management to identify, refine, and translate customer needs into concrete technical requirements.
- You will support and lead architectural decisions and tasks within a product line
- You will review technical designs, and provide guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions
- You will research, evaluate, and prototype new methodologies and technologies
- You will obtain a good understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices
- You will actively work with a large open source community, participate and impact architectural decisions and technical solution
All you need is…
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent – information technology, management information systems, software engineering, and networking
- At least 8 years’ experience in software engineering and proven experience of at least 2 years as a software architect
- Experience in building complex highly available and scalable applications
- Experience in presenting ideas, influencing, and build consensus in a group setting.
- Passion for technologies
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged by creating high-level design and dictates technical standards.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies/methodologies such as microservices, search engines, No SQL databases, containers, and container orchestrators
- You'll be exposed and work closely a large open source community which handles advanced solutions in the virtual network orchestration domain
- Integration with multiple groups of people in different roles