Requisition ID: 224964
Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is delivering a transformation program on behalf of, and in collaboration with, the Saudi National Project, Management Organization (NPMO). The NPMO (known locally as “Mashroat”) has the mandate to transform Saudi Government Entities (“Entities”) into more efficient and effective project management organizations, which in turn will result in improved project performance. Projects are defined as government funded and delivered infrastructure construction projects. Bechtel’s contract started in February 2017 and completes in February 2020 (but may be subject to an extension).
In 2017, Mashroat’s mandate increased to include transforming Entities into more efficient and effective Operations & Maintenance (O&M) management organizations. In June 2019, Bechtel’s scope expanded to include the management and coordination of Mashroat’s O&M partner. Bechtel’s management of Mashroat’s O&M partner requires additional resources across a number of departments. Bechtel is seeking a Training Specialist.
- Partners with management personnel to define competency gaps and associated learning goals to be addressed through high impact learning solutions.
- Leads learning solution design and development activities: needs analysis, learning approach, learning objectives, storyboards, and all finished products such as presentation deck, case studies, exercises, role plays, gamifications, facilitation guide, and participant guide.
- Assist in the development and implementation of on-the-job training techniques and methods in the organization to enable experiential learning among employees.
- Periodically conducts curriculum gaps analysis and partners with stakeholders to adjust curriculum as needed.
- Identifies appropriate evaluation methods to best assess the impact of the identified learning solution
- Provides recommendations to content owners on course and curriculum improvements
- Drafts communication strategy, working closely with stakeholders, for the launch of learning programs and / or course offerings
- Facilitates or supervises training courses and programs. Arranges for technical assistance as required.
- Experience facilitating courses, meetings, seminars, and workshops
- Excellent oral, written communications and presentation skills.
- Experience developing learning solutions utilizing recognized instructional design methodology
- Experience in utilizing evaluation methods to determine course quality and organizational impact
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio
- Fluent in both Arabic and English (preferred)
- Ability to translate and verify accuracy of external course material translations from English to Arabic (preferred)
- Ability to synthesize material from multiple sources
- Knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A baccalaureate degree from a recognized college or university in Instructional Systems Design, Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or other related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in applying adult learning principles and learning methodologies to support the design and development of learning solutions.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.