A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Overview of Role:
NYL Investors LLC, an integrated asset management enterprise with over $250 billion in assets under management is currently seeking a Securities Operations Associate within Trading Systems Team to join a team of associates tasked with supporting Fixed Income Investors from a trading and system perspective, as well as maintaining the data within the system to ensure accurate reporting and analytical calculations. The team consists of two parts; System Support and Data Maintenance. This role requires data management and trading systems experience, knowledge of financial markets and proficiency in the use of technology tools to interrogate data across multiple source systems and environments. It involves conducting analysis of data exceptions, responding to trader inquiries, and participating in testing system enhancements and process improvements. The individual in this position must also be able to communicate effectively with business, operations, and technology staff.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Set-up and review of security masters in the trading system (Aladdin)
- Upkeep of security masters using data integrity reports from Aladdin and PACE
- Maintenance of issuer related data; including issuer limits and roll-ups
- Review daily and monthly position reconciliations between Aladdin and source systems
- Coordinate and create reports within the Aladdin (Green Package/Explore/Aladdin View)
- Participate with management of issues and enhancements within Aladdin
- Collaborate with technology and business partners on system enhancements, maintenance and testing
- Support multiple systems and application; including Bloomberg, Market Axess and Tradeweb
- BS in Business Administration or Finance
- College graduate with up to 3 years of experience
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and client service skills
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity and Derivative securities.
- Experience with trade support and familiarity with Aladdin or Bloomberg is a plus.
- Strong system and technical skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Requisition ID: 82772