Montefiore, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is one of healthcare’s most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety and privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care.
Our experts deploy new technologies, define new business processes and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges.
Our Epic team is seeking a Testing Specialist. The Testing Specialist will support all testing efforts throughout the continuous implementation and adoption of systems. The Testing Specialist coordinates the planning and execution of diverse comprehensive systems testing efforts. The role will coordinate all testing phases including functional, integrated, device and end user testing for system upgrades, hardware and software patching, disaster recovery readiness and system deployment.
- Organize the planning and execution of the comprehensive testing program for the Epic system, through a variety of different testing phases, including baseline, functional and integrated application testing.
- Coordinate and facilitate the integrated testing involving Epic and numerous third party and ancillary systems, ensuring the integrity of communications between a variety of clinical and business systems.
- Harmonize application testing with ongoing parallel activities such as client, device, printer and other end point testing efforts between the application and deployment services team.
- Track issues/defects and resolution for all testing efforts in a defect tracking solution.
- Monitor, review, and report on the progress of all testing initiatives to management team and to senior management on occasion.
- Oversee the development, update, and review of new and existing test scripts, test script design, system test scripts, and baseline test scripts by the application teams.
- Develop and maintain project work plans for new version release and special update (SU), infrastructure upgrade, disaster recovery and business continuity testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience organizing and managing documentation
- Interest in health care IT and aptitude to learn new tools/technologies quickly
- This position requires some “off hours” work including working on bimonthly Saturday night maintenance window, and other times as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Epic and other health care technology