Requisition ID: 113561
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
- Lead the QA team to perform all test activities including but not limited to Functional, System Integration, Performance and Regression
- Develop Test Strategy, test plans and test cases, ensure traceability matrixes are complete and leverage automated testing frameworks to improve software quality and increase speed of delivery.
- Supervise all testing activities to ensure delivery to plan
- Work closely with implementation teams to understand the product roadmap, features, user stories and acceptance criteria to develop test plans and test cases
- Analyze requirements and system design and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence the design and development for testability
- Work with automation developers to develop, maintain and execute automated system and regression test suites
- Work with performance testers to schedule and execute on performance test plans
- Work closely with the Business to define and support UAT test scope and plans
- Create, maintain and report testing metrics including test status and defect reporting
- Work with Test Data Leads and Environment Leads to ensure readiness to execute testing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science/IT or related IT discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Minimum 6 years experience in a related IT function with experience in all phases of testing, test design and methodologies
- Minimum four years experience with test estimating efforts and familiarity with requirements traceability
- Experience in tracking and reporting SLA’s, Metrics, or KPI’s
- Minimum 2 years experience on medium to large scale projects
- Proficiency with JIRA and HP ALM
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and STLC
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.