Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of this unique role is to develop and create additional demand for Lubrizol’s products via Account Management (Contractors, Distribution), Opportunity Management (Engineers, Distribution, Building Construction Projects), training and consulting on Lubrizol’s products. The Demand Creation Territory Manager will execute on Sales Activities in a territory and/or market segment(s) so that our direct customers’ sales increase. Moreover, this role is key in influencing the long term strategic business plans based on their insights into the marketplace. Success in this role will rely heavily on the ability to support and grow current business, prospect for new opportunities and drive results in terms of business development throughout the assinged territory.
Essential Job Functions
- Account Management with Contractors, Distribution, and our licensee sellers – maximize the long term value of select customers. Consulting service, support, training, and opportunity management
- Opportunity Management – generating awareness with engineers, securing specifications, driving contractor/distribution conversions, and new construction project wins
- Territory Management – developing and execute on Individual Territory Plans that allocate effort efficient across different types of customer to optimize our business growth profile
- Segment focus: Commercial Plumbing, Industrial, and HVAC, with secondary duties supporting Fire Protection (Comemerical and Residential), Residential multi and single family construction, and prospecting for Industrial opprotunities.
- Close collaboration with Marketing on development and execution of our go-to-market strategies
- Sponsor and train at product educational events and activities to build interest and demand for Lubrizol’s products.
- Attend and support trade shows and conferences to promote the benefits of Lubrizol’s products, both via educational events and those that are customer-oriented.
- Responsive to the customers’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Present to various groups within the customer’s organization when needed.
- High quality and timely CRM reporting per established guidelines.
- Develop a thorough understanding of technology, key product attributes, applications, and performance requirements in the focus market segments
- Identify, develop, and implement business development initiatives that open up the available market for our products (e.g. new codes and standards that allow our product categories)
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university (Engineering degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of sales, marketing, and/or business development experience (Plumbing/HVAC products. Hydronic HVAC experience preferred.)
- Ability to travel domestically (40-60%)
- Demonstrated abilities and successes in implementing new product, solution, technology and value selling programs
- Excellent sales and communication skills, as demonstrated by the ability to develop and deliver professional presentations
- Effective in prospecting and business development