Position: Territory Adoption Manager (TAM)
Reports to: Area Sales Manager (ASM)
Percent Travel: 75%
The Territory Adoption Manager is primarily a Sales Role. The position carries a quota and earns commission. The position covers cases at accounts they have been assigned, and in rare occasion covers cases outside of assigned accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate all details of pending cases per protocol to Customer Service
- Ensure all inventory needed for a case is available
- Provide detailed instruction on product use to staff during procedure to ensure superior patient outcomes
- Submit all required paperwork to Customer Service upon completion of each case
- Collection of Purchase Order (PO#) for all cases covered
- Train advanced practitioners on the therapy o Ensuring all staff can identify patients diagnosed with stenosis that also feel relief in flexion.
- Ensuring that contraindications are clear to all staff members and not confusing
- Implement intra office workflow processes
- MRI reviews (consistent w/ HIPAA guidelines) o Ensuring all staff can identify and confirm central, lateral recess and foraminal stenosis on axial and Sagittal cuts on MRI’s.
- Continuing education
- Delivering ongoing information as the therapy evolves.
- Educating physicians and advanced practitioners on product talk track and how to identify through patient exam if pain is relieved in flexion
- Keeping ppt materials stocked
- Provide Brochures
- Posters, spine models, etc.
- Working with Surgery Coordinator to ensure cases are scheduled in advance and efficient
- Assist office staff in proper utilization of PRIA for patients requiring prior authorization
Outside of office
- Finding and creating relationships with key referral sources o Identifying referral sources in the community that have large populations of stenosis patients and the ability to readily refer to treating pain physicians
- Including Primary Care, Gerontology, Cardiology, etc.
- Working w/ skilled nursing facilities to have their pts seen by treating physicians
- All referral activities are within company policy guidelines
- Setting up round table educational events for primary care physicians
- Working with local societies on education (journal clubs, events)
• 5+ years of related experience
• 1-2 years of medical sales experience
• Professional level knowledge of anatomy, spine, and pain management disciplines strongly preferred
• Fluoroscopic and MRI imaging experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of experience in a related technical area.
• Clinically proficient at lumbar spine related orthopedic and/or pain procedures.
• Professionally proficient sales skills ideally within medical device related sales.
• High attention to detail and accuracy; able to manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Works well under minimal supervision or direction given by the Area Sales Manager and Sales management.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer