Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Are you someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Join our team!
Reporting to the IS Coordinator, the Technical Support Liaison will function primarily as a Desktop Support Technician or Analyst, providing day to day service to all IS customers at Highland Valley Copper. The Technical Support Liaison will also actively seek to understand business requirements, and/or facilitate and create appropriate solutions providing valuable contributions. The liaison portion of this position will be focused on the Business and Operations functions of our Mill production business area.
We are looking for someone that is skilled at multitasking, working collaboratively with others, problem solving, and has exceptional communication skills.
Join us in breathtaking Logan Lake British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it’s biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide a leadership role in diagnostic and problem solving skills that leads to developing solutions and recommending actions
- Manage, resolve, or escalate areas of conflict for both internal support providers and third party service providers until issues are resolved
- Provide incident management and daily service tickets
- Assist staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software within established standards and guidelines
- Work with vendor support contacts and various levels of staff to resolve technical problems with end user computing equipment and software
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems
- Provide second tier support to customers assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email, and fax, but also willing to perform first tear support for end-users in local and remote locations in a courteous manner
- Evaluate and select the best commercial software and technology solutions, primarily in the maintenance and reliability domain
- Develop solution documentation and host webinars for training, updates, and solution roll outs to end users with varied backgrounds
- Identify issues and propose resolutions, advancing to appropriate personnel as needed
- Evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile differences, and translate high-level information
- Develop business cases and Proof-of-Concept for addressing business improvement initiatives
- Perform research using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, and other data sources
- Degree in Information Systems related studies or equivalent work experience
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess certifications in one or more of the following areas Post-Secondary Education, A+ Computer Technician, Networking Fundamentals, MCSE, or demonstrate an equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years of experience in information technology
- Understanding of change management practices
- Thorough understanding of Windows, Macintosh OS, and Microsoft Office Suite®
- Extensive experience with incident management systems
- Knowledge of client/server networking and telephony systems
- Strong ability to read, create, interpret technical documents
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.