The AGCO Customer Support group has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Field Support Manager to join its team in delivering extraordinary results throughout Indiana and Michigan. This is a role with growth potential and developmental opportunities.
The TSFM is an AGCO technical representative focused on assisting dealer service departments with product issue resolution. This TSFM role will use Technical Service & Support tools and techniques to assist dealers remotely and/or onsite if the greater assistance is needed. The role of this individual carries an excellent understanding of AGCO products; is intimately familiar with how the products are used; has a strong appreciation of customer needs, business practices, and expectations; and has earned the respect of the dealers, customers, and AGCO employees. The TSFMs perspective about product strengths, product short-comings, and needed product improvements will be credible and sought-after. The TSFM will be the eyes and ears for Technical Services & Support whose primary function is to identify, investigate and report on product quality and emerging product reliability issues. The emphasis is to help drive speedy technical resolutions into new assembly as well as into the population of field units. The role will have a direct and positive impact on AGCO customers and dealers. The objective is to place emphasis on the “technical side” of the business using experienced technical experts to impact AGCO’s product reliability, customer satisfaction, quality, and market share.
What you will do:
- Tech Connect cases and telephone inquiries. When remote technical support doesn’t provide resolutions, make on-site visits to dealers.
- Estimate 75% of time dispatched for investigation into the technical issue(s).
- Assists/coaches/trains dealers on technical problem investigation as well as solution implementation.
- Works closely with the area Field Team as well as Technical Support.
- Identifies new issues and investigates to understand product reliability problems.
- Able to effectively inform dealers about the capabilities and limitations of AGCO products (in response to requests/intentions to use products in ways that are not acceptable).
- Provides to Technical Support in Jackson and Hesston, thorough reports on product reliability issues by using Tech Connect.
- Reports will include dealer/customer input, observations, recommendations provided to the dealer/customer, plus data readings, photos, and video. Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years’ experience with applied hydraulics, engines, drivetrains, electrical systems, electronics, and air conditioning systems
- Understands GPS technology; experience with precision farming products preferred.
- Thoroughly understands the assigned role and how it relates to other organizations with which there is interaction (outside AGCO as well as internal to AGCO).
A Plus if you have:
- Degree in Technology, Agricultural Sciences, engineering, a related discipline -or- 4+ years related experience
- Reliability and the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical skills including problem solving & troubleshooting.
Travel Requirement: 50-75%
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business, and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities, or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.